These few days working in a second class ward are too.....free. Nothing much to do and we are just walking and talking around. That's why i hate 2nd class ward. But, todays admission let me thought about some question.
2nd class ward is more expensive than open ward because the environment there is better, bed is newer and most important, they suppose to provide a better nursing care, aren't they??(at least this is what the patient and patient's relative thought). But somehow, the admission done by a junior foreign staff nurse are not really satisfying( i thoght this because i have a better idea of doing the admission, but i may forget when I am a staff nurse). Although the relative didn't complaint, but i still feel ashame, because i had seen the staff nurse in 3rd class do the same job but much more better than the 2nd class staff nurse.
Another things is, the new generation always talking about to be themself, but do they ever thought that nurses is a job that need image?? Yeah, u may look cool in the way u talk IF U ARE NOT WEARING THE UNIFORM( but it is still looks rude and immature to me) , but please take care of your image in front of the patient especially you are wearing uniform. You don't know who are the relatives, they might be a cousin's of Sister, of somebody like to complain. It really make me ashame when the incident happen today, not inly the junior doing the stupid thing and the classmate doing the same thing also!! OMG!! Do she really think that being beautiful and skillfull is all she need to be a first class staff nurse??? Sorry, I think attitude come first.
How about my image?? Well I do understand if you think I am a slow learner and responder, because sometimes, I am. But I am inproving now and always
Hey,I get what you want to say.
ReplyDeleteYes,we all need image.change a angle and say..is we need awara who we are.
if we are in a groups then we need care about the groups image.Simple thing!
Yet some ppl don't really understand~~sigh~~ especially they didn't care about what the relative think, the juz try to create good image in front of the staff nurse...being in an image-important career is sometime tiring =(
ReplyDelete